Horsecollar BC Fitting wanted

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ofg-1

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
I am looking for a fitting that was used to blank off the Co2 inflator on older BC's, not just horsecollars. You would take the Cod ejector off the vest, and place this fitting over the pronged fitting and it sealed with a cap.

I want to use my old Seatec BC, but dont want to futz with the inflator.

Anyone seen these around?

Sorry, it is not a Cod ejector it is a CO2 ejector. Those poor cod have enough problems what with McDonalds cutting them into little squares ans squirting tarter sauce on them.

How about simply putting a spent CO2 cartridge into it? Maybe too simple?

SeaRat

or a bolt that is the same thread as the C02, with an o-ring on it...

Yes, I could put a empty cartridge or a bolt in it, but if I could find the nice chrome fitting, why not?

+1 on the spent CO2 cartridge. Remember to coat the threads with a little silicone grease, otherwise you'll have one hell of a time getting it to back out later when you realize that a CO2 detonator/inflator is a good thing to have, and you want to put a loaded 33 gram CO2 cartridge on your vest.

I think the op is looking for a cap that fits over the CO2 cart stem, not a plug to fit into the firing mechanism. Removing the mechanism helps take strain off the bladder; however, removing the firing mechanism leaves a stem with a hole. One way to deal with this is to remove the stem and patch the hole in the bladder. I've done that on a couple of BCs. This way, you are rid of the annoying stem altogether.
254997-18274115a242d14abde802dab783eb14.jpg

Another solution is less permanent, and that is to install a cap.

I have one for the price of shipping....but it ain't chrome. PM me with your snail mail address and contact info and I'll get it out to you.

Last edited:
Couv is correct. I found a "new" Seatec bc in a shop that was going out of business. never out of the box. The bladder is made of unobtainium. I do not want the mechanism to put strain on the bladder, but I don't want to make it where if I choose to later, I cannot re-install the ejector.

You have no idea how many times I have seen where the diver pulls on the CO2 string, and gets the entire mechanism in their hand along with a chunk of bladder.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom