Horsecollar BC Fitting wanted

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I would just remove the cartridge, remove the pull string and and install a a 3/8 port plug in place of the cartridge. That is what I did with my black Sunfish, which was purchased NIB and some other stuff when Ken Lee SCUBA went out.

I still also have their Seahorse wing and would love to see they same design in a 30 pound lift and they could put some pockets on the underside for stuff maybe.

I really wish SeaTec would return to consumer SCUBA with updated offerings including a super duty horsecollar BC. The materials are just not heavy enough for the price they seem to expect. I started using their products in 1980 after my ScubaPro back inflate (wing) went TU. I turned to the Seahorse and have owned three of them including the one I have now and as well three of the Sunfish including the one I have now.

N

You have no idea how many times I have seen where the diver pulls on the CO2 string, and gets the entire mechanism in their hand along with a chunk of bladder.

Ha! I had completely forgoten about that debacle. Good times.

I think you have a few good suggestions already... plug it with a bolt, remove the pull string and call it good

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom