Hose length advice ( getting ready for fundamentals class)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I don't know anyone liking a 5ft, its really quite short once you get the hang of the system. One woman friend here likes 6ft on her single rig, but otherwise its 100% 7footers around here.

I've been using a 5' hose for warm water vacation diving - mostly because I didn't have a can light. The 5' (the Miflex in particular) tend to ride up the back of my neck a bit, which can get annoying. The regular rubber hoses do this much less than the Miflex. For that purpose the 5' hose has worked fine.

At this point though all my rigs have 7' hoses on them. Even if I don't bring a can light I'll bring a pocket or a knife to route the hose under. It really does improve the routing and hose control.

Henrik

I don't know anyone liking a 5ft, its really quite short once you get the hang of the system. One woman friend here likes 6ft on her single rig, but otherwise its 100% 7footers around here.

I like my 5' hose. At my size, with no can light, a 7' hose is just too much for me. Once I get a can light, I will switch to a 7' hose. But, I also know that a 5' hose does not work for most people. I am the exception to the rule.

http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom