Hose recommendation for a new diver’s set up

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

UndrPsr

New
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
I am a newer diver and just returned from the first trip with my gear. I met a pair of experienced divers that had very flexible hoses on their reg set up. This made for easy packing, and what I also assume, flexibility. I only have 18 dives, but think that I would like to have more flexible hoses. Mine feel so rigid, even more so than the rental sets I had used prior. I bought my setup here on Scubaboard, the ScubaPro Mk11, S560, console w/computer and gauge. It has been serviced and checked after I received it. Thank you!

Wow! I prefer the rubber hoses.
Is there any diving in Alaska that is done with a wet suit ? Or, is it all dry suit diving ?

I use a mixture of hose types. I dive a long hose/bungeed alternate and far prefer rigid rubber hoses for those. Easier to manage in actual use due to being rigid. I do use a braided miflex HP hose. I also prefer a braided hose on my pony bottle regulator.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom