Hose routing

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

AquaTec once bubbled...
ok i missed your point of the silt out situation.
Absolutely mind-boggling.

Someone else want to take a crack at it? I don't see how I could make it more obvious.

Roak

ok i missed your point of the silt out situation.

in a none silt out situation it is simply a matter of monitoring your gauge.

in a silt out no light situation then you are left with a touch and feel situation. the second situation being worse than the first. and a brail spg won't help because you will have both hands occupied

I agree with your thoughts that if you have the reg from the left post in your mouth then you may possibly feel the sucking feeling of air being shut off. if you are using some old outdated reg.

but with todays high performance regs i do not believe this is as true as it was in the old days. that good old sucking a vanilla shake through a straw to know when you are low on air is a thing of the past.

just try it sometime. I am trying to evolve past what was once ok to do, the equipment has changed and this method is not as usefull anymore

I gotta agree with Roakey on this one. Aquatec, your logic is very diluted on this point. Your practices would be unsafe in a very harsh environment. You may want to listen to the arguments that are being made as they make perfect sense. At least consider the possibility that your method can't work when it would be needed.
Beating the same dead horse as Roakey. That's very refreshing.
Cheers

ok i will change it

so describe to me the procedure and what if in an out of air with it attached to the right post.

are we done discussing this. no good debate on some of my points.

so my idea is not perfect maybe...but i think i have a couple of good points that could be discussed.

Doug this was already explained by Roaky and it has been explained in the threads referenced but I admire your willingness to change.

so describe to me the procedure and what if in an out of air with it attached to the right post.
Not to overstate the case... but if you really do need further clarification:

The long hose primary routed from your right post is donated to the OOA. This post will not roll off.

You breath the necklaced secondary from your left post and if this rolls off you will know it because your regulator will quit delivering you gas... you simply reach back and turn the left post on.

makes perfect since

thanks PUG

AquaTec once bubbled...
thanks PUG
One further tip that wasn't stated before but should be included if you are going to change over.

The wing inflator comes off of the right post (I know you have two but that is another issue.)

This way should you go to your back up and find that it has rolled off and for some reason you cannot get it back on right away... stuck, broken off, hard to reach.... you can breath off of your inflator since it is on the right post until you sort the problem out.

I have often thought of this as an option, not the hose routing but the breathing from the infater if ever necessary.

so now tell me why you dont like the dual bladder idea

http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom