Hoseless Air integrated computers

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I have Oceanic VT pro for my single rig. I replace battery everything I see low battery indicator comes on, about once a year, never has computer going out on me during a dive. For transmitter signals, it actually does disappear once in a while for a few second. It always comes back in time, so I have never not know my PSI. Have that said, I do have a brass SPG. In fact, the SPG is my main gauge, AI transmtter is my backup. I like having it there for keeping track my SAC.

For double rig, I found it is difficult to have AI transmitter attahced because hose routing and the way the 1st stages' orientation. AI would have to be pointing up in that case, very likely to hit something and get knock off. So no AI transimitter for my double rig.

I use a Suunto Vytec with transmitter. In around 200 dives, it never failed me. I still have a small SPG clipped to my left waist d-ring so I could go without the signal of the computer (but never needed to).

Is the hoseless AI computer needed? Sureley not. But it is a great convience to have all relevant data (time, depth, deco/NDL, and pressure) on one easily accessible (on my wrist!) device. For regular rec diving, I don't see any safety issue either.

Back
Top Bottom