Hoseless dive computer questions from the new guy...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Ahhh; the Long Hose Thing:)

I've had lots of comments made, most of them sarcastic about my long hose and bungee'd secondary regulator. They slide off me like water off a duck.

I went with that setup in my initial equipment purchase. Long before I ever heard of DIR, Cave Diving, Wreck Diving , or any of that. Right out of OW certification it seemed to me that my Instructors had it wrong. The teaching was that you donated your "octopus" to the needy diver. Or, if you lost your regulator to a panicked diver you reached down to your BC somewhere and recovered the octopus for your own use.

None of that made sense to me. So, I bought a long hose and some bungee cord and made the setup that I later found was advocated by some pretty knowlegeable folks. The only change I've made over time is to change to two identical regulators instead of a degraded one that is normally sold as an octopus.

BUT, I recognize that each diver is in charge of themself. So, what you do is your decision. I can only tell you my experience and recommendation. I'll not consider you an unsafe diver if you don't follow the advise.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom