Hotel Cozumel location??

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

loudives:
Sorry to disagree with Nevis diver but the hotel is not that far. I am 5'9 and 265 not in shape at all, as many on this board can attest, and I have walked to the Plaza and beyond many times. Exactly 12 min. to the Plaza from HC and 21 from Caribe Blue which is farther south.

Agreed. Me and my family walked to town as far as the ferry in about 20 minutes, but that's because my 4 yr old and 7 yr old daughters have shorter legs.

Just returned from Coz and Hotel Coz yesterday. First trip to the island. The walk to town isn't bad. Probably 15 minutes is correct. We typically took a taxi into town and then walked home to work off some of the great food...try the Mission, Prima, and Guidos...Hotel was great in a kind of love boat way, the entertainment staff play water volleyball and such for the non-divers and do a floor show each night that isn't great, but is fun. Diving is easily accessable across the street. Breakfast is great, but by the end of the week I was tired of it. I'm going back for 2 weeks in January and look forward to again being at hotel coz. Oh, go down the street, next to the Barracuda Hotel, for dessert at the little cafe (on the downtown side of the Barracuda, can't remember the name) amazing pies and milkshakes.

Diving was impeccable, some long drifts in good current, some not so much. Saw plenty of turtles, a couple of nice rays, morays etc...coral is great, but really overblown with sand in some places.

Enjoy the trip,

Dave

If you stay at Hotel Cozumel, then you have to take the short walk to Rockin Java for breakfast.....extremely great breakfasts!! It is just past Barracuda.

my 2 cents worth...lol

Gdog

polysemous1:
Oh, go down the street, next to the Barracuda Hotel, for dessert at the little cafe (on the downtown side of the Barracuda, can't remember the name) amazing pies and milkshakes.
Dave

Sounds like Rock-n-Java.

Lou is correct,
Hotel Coz is a easy walk to town. 15 minutes at most. I'll usually walk to town and get a ride back if I am having buoyancy control problems. We been to Coz six times and I've stayed there twice, the last time March of this year. It is not the nicest, nor the worst and I find it to be a pretty decent compromise. Another place to consider would be Scuba club which is right next door. With Scuba Club you do have to dive with their operator however. Both these places are within easy walking distance 5 minutes of the Cedraule (Mexican Walmart) and all the stuff it offers.

If you are a relatively experienced diver don't use Dive Paradise. Use one of the extended range dive operators such as Living Underwater, Deep Blue, or Aldora. They cost more but it is well worth it.

One thing that I do like about Hotel Cozumel is that it offers a cheap all inclusive option. While I do not recommend all inclusives in Cozumel because there are so many good places to eat, If you are organizing a group and some folks are a little tight on dough, the all inclusive feature guarantees that they can eat and drink for a set price. I've found this very helpful when traveling with a mixed group of divers. The food here was pretty good. Both times I stayed here I think I got my moneys worth from the all inclusive package simply eating breakfast and lunch and drinking around the pool. Most every evening we go to town for supper.

Clyderyde

Clyderyde:
Lou is correct,
Hotel Coz is a easy walk to town. 15 minutes at most. I'll usually walk to town and get a ride back if I am having buoyancy control problems.

What's the connection between walking/cabbing and buoyancy control?

Another place to consider would be Scuba club which is right next door.

It's across the street and a bit south, actually, but yes, it's close by.

ggunn:
What's the connection between walking/cabbing and buoyancy control?

It's across the street and a bit south, actually, but yes, it's close by.

Gordon, could he mean buoyancy control as in, after he has eaten or had too many cervesas:D

What happened to your Cozumel Travel log when I click on it I get something else????

parrotheaddiver:
Gordon, could he mean buoyancy control as in, after he has eaten or had too many cervesas:D

What happened to your Cozumel Travel log when I click on it I get something else????

;^)

Oh, yeah, thanks for reminding me; my travelogue was piggybacking the website of a band I was in, but I have moved on and relinquished ownership of the domain. It's not up at all right now, so I'll fix my sig.

I stayed there in May,probably wouldnt do the all inclusive thing again. The food was marginal at best and poor at the outside bar,we ended up going to town to eat most meals.But wait the beer was free and I think I made it up on that! Nevermind....LMAO

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom