Hotel Cozumel vs Vista Del Mar

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

The Hotel Cozumel Resort is where I always stay, I usually just do the breakfast, too many great places to eat in town, Love the breakfast, the rest of the meals are so so, and supper is just nasty, usually what's left over, or something weird like turkey. I did dive with DP one time on my last trip, but prefer Scuba-Du. The Hotel staff are some of the best on the island, I always stay in the same room 1207 so no surprises. I always tip, especially the cleaning lady and all the wait staff. They will remember you, Cornelio, and the manager, Raul, are some great people. The Dive staff at DP are very helpful, and professional. Enjoy your trip, and I guarantee once you dive Cozumel, you will be back.

Thanks, good info. FYI the wife does dive. The difference is that she dives on vacation and I go on vacation to dive, so I anticipate doing a few more than she will. She only dives warm water I'll go out in just about anything (last dive was 35f, brrr)

For the Hotel Coz fans, can you buy drinks at the bar if you don't have the all-inclusive option? Just thinking for those afternoons laying round the pool/beach.

Yes you can buy drinks and food at the pool without the AI.

Decided to go with Hotel Coz (no AI, worked out to over $40/person/day, price from the hotel over the phone was more expensive than their website). Thanks for all the info and suggestions.

Now just need to update the dive log and book diving, decided on Aldora.

Going in April and staying at the Hotel Coz. Can someone give me the layout of that hotel? I want to request a quiet room..away from the 10-11pm noisy activities. Also, do you have time to eat breakfast and get to the dock by 7:30 to meet the dive boat? I noticed bfk doesn't start until 7am and I imagine all the divers are "lined up" by then.

Going in April and staying at the Hotel Coz. Can someone give me the layout of that hotel? I want to request a quiet room..away from the 10-11pm noisy activities. Also, do you have time to eat breakfast and get to the dock by 7:30 to meet the dive boat? I noticed bfk doesn't start until 7am and I imagine all the divers are "lined up" by then.

I have stayed here a couple of times with the same concern. At that time the continental breakfast part started earlier(6:30?) with the omlet station opening at 7am with the other hot items already ready to serve. I would either take my dive bag on out to the dock or carry it to breakfast, sit down, get coffee & pastry, then get in line for omlet as soon as it opened. They sometimes opened a little before 7am. You will be rushing if you have to make a trip back to room after breakfast. DWM picks up at the dock before anyone else. The onsite dive-op doesn't usually go out till later in the am. Also dive lockers are available free to hotel guests right beside the dock if you rather leave your stuff there. Just ask for a key at check-in. Nice rinse tanks are there too. Lunch (and beer.lol) is served at the restaurant next to the water/dock when you return.

I have stayed here a couple of times with the same concern. At that time the continental breakfast part started earlier(6:30?) with the omlet station opening at 7am with the other hot items already ready to serve. I would either take my dive bag on out to the dock or carry it to breakfast, sit down, get coffee & pastry, then get in line for omlet as soon as it opened. They sometimes opened a little before 7am. You will be rushing if you have to make a trip back to room after breakfast. DWM picks up at the dock before anyone else. The onsite dive-op doesn't usually go out till later in the am. Also dive lockers are available free to hotel guests right beside the dock if you rather leave your stuff there. Just ask for a key at check-in. Nice rinse tanks are there too. Lunch (and beer.lol) is served at the restaurant next to the water/dock when you return.

LOL- thanks Michael :D. I guess that means the restaurant for bkf is near the water and across the street from the hotel ? Do you know anything about which side of the hotel is quietier? We'd rather not stay on the side where they party until 10-11pm.

LOL- thanks Michael :D. I guess that means the restaurant for bkf is near the water and across the street from the hotel ? Do you know anything about which side of the hotel is quietier? We'd rather not stay on the side where they party until 10-11pm.

It's been awhile since Ive stayed there but, if I remember correctly, the hotel buildings surround the pool/entertainment area. We always had a water view room on the second floor of the building facing Melgar and really didn't notice the noise from the pool area. Furthest from the lobby in that building would probably be best.

The room faces the ocean, far away from the ice machine, so it's quiet. Top floor so no one
is marching around on top of you. I love this place. Hotel Cozumel is just far enough from
downtown to make it good exercise. Should be back in about two weeks from now.
Can't wait, I need some ocean.:wink:

Back
Top Bottom