Hotel Cozumel vs Vista Del Mar

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

The room faces the ocean, far away from the ice machine, so it's quiet. Top floor so no one
is marching around on top of you. I love this place. Hotel Cozumel is just far enough from
downtown to make it good exercise. Should be back in about two weeks from now.
Can't wait, I need some ocean.:wink:

LOL- Can you reserve it for me??

The room numbering system doesn't follow the way most do it so I can't really say where specific numbers are but in general it's not that noisy after the nightly entertainment ends. The sports bar isn't near enough to the rooms to hear nor is it very busy late into the evening because the majority of guests dive & need to get up early. To me the noisiest part of staying there (not counting Carnaval Week) is when doosr get slammed, which sometimes can be blamed on an open patio door / wind combo, or drunks returning from a night on the town. It may happen once or twice (in the sleeping hours) during a 2 week stay so it's not something that goes on constantly.

cicopo says:
The room numbering system doesn't follow the way most do it
True, I think
they might do it to confuse Canadians...:D

Seriously, I love this place, and the really great people who work there.

Most hotels use the floor number as the first digit, but from the way I'm interpreting the numbering in this sign (use the magnifying glass icon to enlarge it & if your monitor has a big screen that will help too)

https://picasaweb.google.com/CozumelTimeCapsules/HotelCozumelPhotos#5573306543196611794

It looks like all of the room numbers start with a 1 and the ground floor uses a 0 (zero) as the second number followed by the actual room number, so my guess is that the second floor starts with 11. I'm basing my opinion on the fact 1035 & 1036 are 2 floors down from 1235 & 1236 which are my room numbers (top floor / 3rd floor) from previous trips and one of them should be my room number very soon .

I'm heading down Feb. 3rd ...... Let's do some diving.....:wink:

LOL- thanks Michael :D. I guess that means the restaurant for bkf is near the water and across the street from the hotel ? Do you know anything about which side of the hotel is quietier? We'd rather not stay on the side where they party until 10-11pm.

Breakfast will be in the restaurant off the lobby and you should have plenty of time to eat. Like said though.....if you want an omelet, get in line quick, because sometimes they don't start cooking them til 7:00, but there is plenty of other food to eat. You should be fine on noise with any room. We've stayed on every floor, always pool view, and about the only time it bothers us is if they are playing bingo in the afternoon when we are trying to take a nap and they don't always do that. The bar that's open at night is off the lobby as well so that shouldn't be a problem. Have fun!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom