Hotel & Dive prices currently

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I am going June 12th - 19th. Flight, Hotel, meals and 5day two tank dive package for $1000.00. I would say the prices are down.

No one that I know of has reduced their dive prices - you're saving on the hotels and airfare.

I am going June 12th - 19th. Flight, Hotel, meals and 5day two tank dive package for $1000.00. I would say the prices are down.
Again: Yeah, you guys are saving a lot on air and packages that include air, but I doubt that any of you got lower prices on hotels or Ops.

Sounds like an expensive hotel, too.

That's hotel and air bought as a package from Travelocity including tax. I doubt the hotel it's self has gone down much if any, but the air makes the whole package really cheap. Actually about half what I saw last year March. Diving hasn't gone down. In fact it's continued to go up at some shops. That's why I'm using a different dive shop for the first time in nearly a decade. The money I'm saving on dives will more than pay for my rental car for the whole week. I can't pass that up.
Your rental car prices probly do not include FULL Coverage, which seems pretty important to buy. Did you check on what that is going to cost to add-on? You know there are only two gas stations on the island, pretty closet to each other?
P.S. I was checking prices daily on Xpedia, Travelocity, Orbits, Hotwire, and others for months and switching departure and return days of the week around trying to find the best deal. For the final month before I booked, Travelocity offered the lowest fares consistently. The day I booked they were $45 cheaper per person for the exact same package than any of the others.
:cool2:
It does pay to run them all when you check. I did a sport check for our trip in August, adding a day to qualify for the $200 off on 6 nights - going thru Orbitz and also using Sidestep to check BookIt.com, Priceline, Travelocity, CheapCaribbean.com, and Hotwire.
Some didn't do well at all compared to Orbitz. Travelocity offered air & Villa Blanca for $549 each on double? :shakehead:

Sidestep's best price on the Villa Blanca went thru Orbitz, which offered air & hotel for $502 before I used Coupon ENTERTAIN200 which got that down to $402. Air for LBB-CZM for our dates including a Sunday return was $305 so that $97 including taxes for 6 nights hotel. :shocked2:

Or, Bookit.com did seem do well on Casa del Mar: Air from Lubbock and hotel for $344/$408 superior room. Oops?! Did NOT do so well when I learned that they were not including taxes & "fees" that added $150 each. Nice try Bookit, trying to sneak hidden fees in on me - adios! :mad:
They all seem to try to add-on airport transfers, some costing twice as much as when you buy those there. :no:

Your rental car prices probly do not include FULL Coverage, which seems pretty important to buy. Did you check on what that is going to cost to add-on? You know there are only two gas stations on the island, pretty closet to each other?

I've rented bugs and before that jeeps pretty much every time I've been to Cozumel. I know the gas stations and I have my insurance all figured out. I rented a car in Grand Cayman a few months back and had to work all the details out then too, including the fun of getting used to driving on the wrong side of the road!!!!:shocked2:

Of course being Cayman, I paid an arm and a leg for our little bubble clown car that was a Chery QQ made in China. :eyebrow:

They all seem to try to add-on airport transfers, some costing twice as much as when you buy those there. :no:

That's what they do. The way you get out of it is change the number of transfers to zero. Then recalculate and the charge is gone. Do this before you pay! I love how they try and get you for something like ten times what you could get a cab for. The transfers will more than pay for a few days of car rentals. I'm picking mine up accross the street from the airport when we arrive and dropping it back off when we're heading home.

That's what they do. The way you get out of it is change the number of transfers to zero. Then recalculate and the charge is gone. Do this before you pay! I love how they try and get you for something like ten times what you could get a cab for. The transfers will more than pay for a few days of car rentals. I'm picking mine up accross the street from the airport when we arrive and dropping it back off when we're heading home.
Yeah, I know to watch for those add-ons and uncheck the box or change to zero. Some don't give you the option, like Funjet. They include it in the $400 overcharge.

Where are you renting?

Yeah, I know to watch for those add-ons and uncheck the box or change to zero. Some don't give you the option, like Funjet. They include it in the $400 overcharge.

Where are you renting?

Smart. I've rented their convertible bugs a few times. I like the feel of a fun spartan old beater to drive when I'm down there. It just doesn't feel right driving a little economy hard top with AC when I'm on an island. :eyebrow:

I wonder if Funjet can remove that charge if you call them and say you don't want it?

If not, I'd be inclined to think they're in cahoots with Lomas!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom