How about Lake Mead?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Rob, I'm working on that very thing with the other tech divers in the area. I will keep you posted as we progress.

Lake Mead Tony:
Living in Las Vegas, I log about 50 dives a year in Lake Mead. It's great for deep dives with lot's of wrecks and great wall diving. The best time of the year is in the late fall or winter when the vis can be as much as 150 feet. For a inland lake that is considered very good. Have boat, will dive!
Sounds like your the proper person to get a hold of when i move to vegas next month

Lake Mead Tony:
Rob, I'm working on that very thing with the other tech divers in the area. I will keep you posted as we progress.

Sounds good, Tony. I'll let you know when I'm up that way next. Maybe we can get a few dives in.

I am going to be in Las Vegas June 17-24th for a conference. I am looking for any recommendations for a dive operation on Lake Mead the 18 or the 19th.

I apperciate your recommendations.

Thanks,
Paul

You can contack Blue Seas Scuba Center at 702-367-2822. There is a charter dive boat that opperates in Lake Mead, but I am not sure when they run during the week. There is a scuba park for shore diving, but vis is not good and normally it is very crowded. If you were going to be here on the weekend I would take you out in my boat and show you the bottom of Lake Mead myself. The water temp is running in the low 60s and last weekend it was 54@ 140ft so don't forget your cold water gear, or a 7mm can be rented at the local dive shops as well as air and nitrox. The other dive shops are, Colorado River Divers at 702-293-6648 (the one I use) , or Great 8 Diving at 702-367-3484. If you are planning on being here for the weekend, let me know. I am at the lake every weekend.

Tony

Lake Mead Tony:
You can contack Blue Seas Scuba Center at 702-367-2822. There is a charter dive boat that opperates in Lake Mead, but I am not sure when they run during the week. There is a scuba park for shore diving, but vis is not good and normally it is very crowded. If you were going to be here on the weekend I would take you out in my boat and show you the bottom of Lake Mead myself. The water temp is running in the low 60s and last weekend it was 54@ 140ft so don't forget your cold water gear, or a 7mm can be rented at the local dive shops as well as air and nitrox. The other dive shops are, Colorado River Divers at 702-293-6648 (the one I use) , or Great 8 Diving at 702-367-3484. If you are planning on being here for the weekend, let me know. I am at the lake every weekend.

Tony

I am getting in on a Saturday, so Sunday would be good. I didn't think about the water being that cold. BRRR...I am a south Florida diver in 80 degree water :). I think I would brave it however, can't beat a chance to go diving.

Thanks,
Paul

My wife and I dove the scuba park in February. We were the only ones there. The vis was about 30', and the temp was 58-62. We wore a 5-4-3 with a hot pack down the front, and were very comfortable.

Steve

SteveC:
My wife and I dove the scuba park in February. We were the only ones there. The vis was about 30', and the temp was 58-62. We wore a 5-4-3 with a hot pack down the front, and were very comfortable.

Steve

Steve,
Some of our best diving is in Dec. Jan. and Feb when vis can be as much as 100 ft. Did you go out to the sail boat, about 55 ft down last time I was there? I am from St. Louis and spent a lot of down time in Northfork, Mine Lamont and Greers Ferry.

When was the last time you were at the sail boat, Tony? The lake level has been getting so low. The last time I was at the boat, it was only about 30 feet deep. Have they moved it, or is the water level rising?

Back
Top Bottom