How are Scubapro Jet Fins made in Taiwan different?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

So if the Jets are sold by an official dealer and have the lightning bolt on them they are real and made in the US?

So if the Jets are sold by an official dealer and have the lightning bolt on them they are real and made in the US?

No, not necessarily. My Taiwanese Jets had the lightening bolt and were sold by an official SP dealer. The Taiwanese Jets are not "fake" they are "real" SP have them manufactured there, I'm assuming to cut costs.

It isn't about USA vs some other place. It is about iconic brands/items, wherever they are from, being sold and traded and giant faceless corporations thinking that nobody knows or cares. And truly a lot of people do not and when we get to the day that everything is manufactured in the same factory in China Inc., if not already, we will get the same quality, design and art for that everything.

All three pairs of my Jets say Made In USA.

N

It isn't about USA vs some other place. It is about iconic brands/items, wherever they are from, being sold and traded and giant faceless corporations thinking that nobody knows or cares. And truly a lot of people do not and when we get to the day that everything is manufactured in the same factory in China Inc., if not already, we will get the same quality, design and art for that everything.

All three pairs of my Jets say Made In USA.

N

The original jet fins were invented by Beuchat and originally manufactured in France. Now, go sell your American jet fins and get the true French ones to stay faithful to your comments :)

I have 6 different pair here all of the USA jf are a little different from each other but the Taiwanese version is quite a bit softer and I notice in the water there a little more flexible but I kinda like it. All of them are within 1/8 inch in width.

The taiwanese version is softer and less negative in water, depending on what you need really, if diving wetsuit you might as well use the TW version since it won't drag your feet down as much.

Cheers,
Will

I got the USA made ones and can tell the pair I cheked out at my local shop was more flexible.

The original jet fins were invented by Beuchat and originally manufactured in France. Now, go sell your American jet fins and get the true French ones to stay faithful to your comments :)
Do the original made in france jets say "made in france" on the back. I know it would be missing the lightning bolt since that came much later. Love to have the OG jets

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom