How bad of choice Egypt in early March?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hey Guys and Gals. I started another thread as we moved our trip a little south to Marsa Alam and changed from early march to the 2nd week of april. Any difference?

Yes a lot actually. Dahab is one of the coldest in the Egyptian Red Sea while Marsa Alam is one of the warmest. And it's not a little south. It's a lot south :)

From early March to the 2nd week of April is also another issue. Well in general, expect at least 3 to 4 C difference.

No difference. Water is almost the same temperature, if I remember correctly it is about 22 degrees in April, but I am not sure.

I don't think it is an appropriate temperature for a 3mm suit, especially if you make multiple, long dives. IMHO You'll suffer from cold and won't enjoy the dives.

There's also the constant wind factor when you get out of the water. Being wet with strong winds- it gets cold.

Take a 5mm suit, and in my opinion if you have a vest, hood etc- bring them too. Also good clothing, spare towels (so you always have a dry one ready at hand). Most chances are that a 5mm suit won't dry too much between dives, so if you hate donning humid, cold wetsuits, you can bring an additional vest (or 0.5mm skin, etc) so you can always have a dry layer to wear below your suit.

oh my... I may have totally overlooked this factor in my trip... :(

So, I have a full 3mm suit which I always wear with a long-sleeved rash guard. I also use a bib hood. I'm planning on having fun dives in both Dahab and Ras Mohamed sometime between March 17-22. Think my gear would suffice? Otherwise, will it be possible to rent out maybe a vest in the dive shops?

Asser, whatcha think? :p

Back
Top Bottom