How close should you be to your buddy underwater?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Simple answer is close enough to:
Easily be able to help each other out.
Easily be able to keep constant contact without risk of separation.

That's really cool, though I'd be worried about getting bitten. How likely is that?

I dive with a pony to take care of most immediate emergencies; but my buddy is often within seconds in an emergency.

However, I wouldn't mind diving with one of those cute little seals, maybe he could carry my pony for me!

I think you people are really missing the point of this thread.

Great videos man! Lucky you!

That's really cool, though I'd be worried about getting bitten. How likely is that?

Nibbled is way more likely, Matt ... they're curious, playful, and not the least bit aggressive. Dive Cove 2 at night anytime between about now and early March and you'll have your chance to interact with harbor seals. Unlike our lucky OP, however, we live in a country where you're likely to be blasted for violating the Marine Mammal Protection Act if you dare touch one ...

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

Thanks, Bob. I have had them hunt with my dive light at Cove 2, but they've always been more interested in dinner than me. If I have a close encounter I'll know not to worry about those teeth. :)

Back
Top Bottom