How deep after annual servicing of reg, BC or BP/Wing?

How deep for newly serviced reg, BC equipment?

• I try it in a pool before any OW dives.

Votes: 18 23.1%
  • 0 - 30 feet (Open Water)

Votes: 17 21.8%
  • 30 - 60 feet (Open Water)

Votes: 12 15.4%
  • 60 - 80 feet (Open Water)

Votes: 3 3.8%
  • 80 - 100 feet (Open Water)

Votes: 6 7.7%
  • 100 - 130 feet (Open Water)

Votes: 8 10.3%
  • > 130 feet (Open Water)

Votes: 14 17.9%

• Total voters

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Ive had my lp inflator slowly leak air into the bladder, enough to fill a 30 lb bag in about 20 minutes. If it can leak slowly, it can open wide and runaway. Disconnecting under pressure is not alway easy, especially with heavy gloves on, and if you are pulling on a dump and sweatng bullets with stress, it may be even more difficult.

Saltwater gets into everything and you can always rinse the inflator enough to be sure you got it all out.

That's why I do it...

I just wish my gear and if/when i get a fault fix it myself in about 30 seconds. BCs/Wings are incredibly simple bits of gear and its trivial to strip and clean them.

Disconnecting an LP under pressure is perfectly easy with gloves on, as for pulling a dump - why bother ? Just hold the hose dump button with one hand while using the other to disconnect the hose. On all setups ive seen if you hold the inflate and deflate buttons down together you get no net change of gas in the air cell.

BC service just seems to be an excuse for shops to extort more money out of someone by feeding them terror-paranoia.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom