HOW DEEP HAVE YOU GONE?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hello,

Well technicaly you COULD goto that depth (78 meters) for 2 mins and not be in deco. cns clock: 33.1, max Ppo2: 1.85, OTU: 10.1.

Ed

jdb, there is still something wrong with her spelling meter! Or is that spellign metre? Or maybe pselling emter?

I just cannot tell............

Joewr--who, along with jdb, is very relieved to have one of the key members of the Candy A** Divers of the World, SSN Chapter back in the fold!

Does your Mother know you use words like that?

Please explain cns & OTU so I don't remain in the dark.

Hello,

CNS clock a.k.a. paul bert effect. It's the NOAA allowance for oxygen under pressure. (used mostly to prevent central nervous system ox tox) Used to measure the cns oxygen toxicity (short term exposure to o2 under pressure)

OTU is Oxygen Tolerance Unit a.k.a. lorraine smith effect. it's used to measure pulmonary toxicity over time (i.e. long exposure to o2 under pressure)

That's it in a nutshell. This clear it up?

Ed

(There is one Colonial tyranothailandosnorklus over here who is completely speechless at the inference that she cannot SPELL!)

I've personally never mispelled anything in my life... if you spot an error on one of my posts... it's purely a transmission error! :D lol

I is huked ohn fonix! LOL!

I was being much more subtle! I have tried to honour your metres and your humours, but my humor meter is not honorable.

Joewr...writing the President's English--President Truman, that is! Not GW! That is not English...that is Texan.

:D ;-0 OK. I give up - cannot compete with Joe the English teacher today... besides I have to drag myself away from my computer and go to the bank!

Later....

you've made our resident tyranothailandosnorklopus ;-0. I'm going to have to make you go to bed without your supper.

Now where were we? Oh yes; blacknet was explaining the relationship preferences of Paul and Lorraine. Paul seems to be of the one night stand school(short term) and Lorraine is from the lets get married school(long term). Well that sounds like the typical male/female ideology to me :-0

Just think Alison- you could've kept us in awe that you really had gone to 78msw even if it was only for 2 minutes.

Blacknet thanks for the info!

Joe is the American English teacher! Those of us down under view by your "honor humor and meter" with good humour, but we use the English spelling. And as to the original question, 64 metres on the Woniora in Oz, and 69 metres on the Coolidge in Vanuatu.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom