How do I go about..(a rant)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

All I'm saying is anyone who smokes should consider those around them.

Which is true...but come on people...if someone is doing something and you don't like it...you were born with a mouth and you should use it. Dont moan if you're not going to speak up to the people that actually matter.

Yep. People are bad sometiemes to others. Like the hikers who walk in the x-cross country ski trails, even after you explain to them that a skier could break a leg getting caught in one of the holes on a downhill turn.But then, there are the other 99.9% that make up for the jerks. I try to concentrate on them. Life is too short to stay mad. :dazzler1:

I agree with Bill51. Although I have nothing against those who use weed in appropriate places, subjecting others in a public place to their use is inappropriate and inconsiderate. Respect seems to have very much fallen by the way side in today's culture.

Folks,

This post has been edited by several Mods for various reasons. We do NOT allow:

(1) Personal Attacks of Any Kind

or:

(2) Promoting, Approving, or Recommending Illegal Activities of Any Kind

If there are any questions, please re-read the TOS, which is the blueprint for the activities of this Board.

Thank you!

mxracer19:
Which is true...but come on people...if someone is doing something and you don't like it...you were born with a mouth and you should use it. Dont moan if you're not going to speak up to the people that actually matter.
The problem with that idea is that many people who do illegal things don’t just stop at one criminal activity. I’ve been stalked and assaulted a few times for taking lift tickets away from “college kids” smoking pot on ski area property (not on the slopes, but in gondolas, shelters, and other enclosed areas). I was shocked one time when a couple high school kids started taking swings at me for telling them to put out their cigarettes in a movie theatre. The worst responses have always been with coed crowds where some guy wants to prove to the gals he’s a hard *** that doesn’t take “orders” from anyone.

drbill:
I agree with Bill51. Although I have nothing against those who use weed in appropriate places, subjecting others in a public place to their use is inappropriate and inconsiderate. Respect seems to have very much fallen by the way side in today's culture.

But that is just it...respect, civility, consideration, manners, values and ethical behavior are being challenged and even marginalized in the name of selfishness, self absorption, egotism, and arrogance. It makes no difference whether one is from the city or from laid back Florida...one can find some form of selfish arrogance anywhere.

If that was a park managed by the park service, what are kids doing on the premises smoking pot? Unwise behavior in the first place...did they have a designated driver?

As divers...and especially as cave divers...anyone that smokes, drinks alcohol, uses heavy prescriptions and/or is not up to par for the activity ought to reconsider the risks and risks they subject others to. In this sense...I would not cave dive with someone that I felt was not altogether there...physically and emotionally.

Character DOES count and it accounts for many other attributes...it is unfortunate that some lazy aspects or our society promote the lack of character in the name of party on dude.

Just my 02.

Can the Mod that deleted my post please PM me?

Thanks

could have waited in the car?
Pot grows naturally on the planet. Sorry that it bothers you and your man. But it doesn't bother alot of people. Although illegal and cigarettes aren't ? is a contradiction, it is still a free planet. Thank your military man, but def not the dive shops fault .. you rented it, didnt use it.

Bill51:
The problem with that idea is that many people who do illegal things don’t just stop at one criminal activity. I’ve been stalked and assaulted a few times for taking lift tickets away from “college kids” smoking pot on ski area property (not on the slopes, but in gondolas, shelters, and other enclosed areas).

You've lost the point of the thread. You're just ranting about these guys because they were smoking pot. They may be rude and selfish but to infer that these people are criminals is just ridiculous.

Back
Top Bottom