How do I know when I'm ready to start UW photography?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Great advice, thanks all. Decided to get an S100 + Canon housing, no strobe for this trip. Since it's been a while since the last dive I'll be leaving it in the hotel for at least the first boat dive and will practice snorkelling with it. If I feel like I'm confident and able enough to use it I might consider it on the next set of dives. Likely to be doing a number of pretty shallow ones too so I'll maybe use it for those and leave it at home for anything deeper.

make it simple....

you should have good buoyancy control as this will impact your surrounding environment of the photo.
You should be confident in your dive skills and comfort in the water as it is task loading.
You should have good global awareness as in know how long your air will last you, know how deep you are, know how to navigate back.

also keep in mind the camera is an expensive fragile item to take along. For my UW photo class I usually give the students an egg to take underwater to see if they can successfully dive w/out breaking it....

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom