How do I repair my BC?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

americanoregon

Registered
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
I have done a search, and I was surprised this hasn't come up before. My wing is losing air. Assuming I can find the leak, how do I fix it? Are there websites or beeks that can help? Preferred glue and patch material? Anyone done this with good results, or bad?

Aquaseal works well. it's best if you can fix it from the inside out, if at all
possible... but... that's probably not possible most of the time

dab bit of Aquaseal on the leak, let dry, go diving

americanoregon:
I have done a search, and I was surprised this hasn't come up before. My wing is losing air.

There have been some threads about it before. It seems to me that I recall several people asking about Halycon wings leaking. Probably if you search on something like that you'll find some threads.

Assuming I can find the leak, how do I fix it? Are there websites or beeks that can help? Preferred glue and patch material? Anyone done this with good results, or bad?

You can try to fix it yourself but if you think it's a manufacturing defect then I would return it, even if it isn't under warranty. Many manufacturers will fix them for free but even if they don't, they'll probably fix it better than you can do it in your garage.

R..

Ok so my B.C. Rich Warlock (just a plain warlock with one master volume knob and nothing else) i just need to know how to get the master volume knob off. I've tryed to pull it off, like most guitars, but it wont scome off. Not only that but i also need to know how to set the intonation on it. its alot different from normal guitars.

I repaired a row of urchin punctures with a 2-part PVC glue (like used for inflatable boats) and a vinyl patch. It's held for 5 years or more, and I'm about to patch another pinhole leak. The BC bladder is made of laminated fabric like many BCs - the fabric is one-piece w/nylon exterior - like a fabric air mattress). If it's a pvc bladder inside a cordura nylon or other separate nylon casing, like many wings I think, it should be a similar fix (take out the bladder to repair). Sandwich the patch between two blocks with a vise or clamp to get good pressure on it, if you can.

I've had good luck fixing pinhole leaks in my hypalon boat with Zap glue and the accelerant that goes with it (basically, super-glue). I haven't tried that with a BC, but I'm thinking about that as the first effort with the new pinhole.

Another thing that might work, if it doesn't look easy to get a patch mated up, is fix-a-flat. Haven't tried it, but it might work. There's a similar product sold for inflatable boats.

Ok so my B.C. Rich Warlock (just a plain warlock with one master volume knob and nothing else)

lol

this is a diving board

here, BC means buoyancy compensator, one of these:

bc-67_detail_1.jpg

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom