How do you back up your computer?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

my question is how do people manage multi-level dives so that they can use the tables to back up their computers...
You don't. :no:
If your computer breaks, you sit out for 24hours before resuming diving.

If this is not acceptable, then buy yourself a cheap wrist computer (ie. Oceanic Veo 100) and take both computers on ALL your dives. If one breaks, then the other still has your active profile.

I mostly got the same answers on 2 scuba boards, "use more computers".

My computer has a gauge on the side to simulate nitrogen loading it is a 4 place bar graph, so I am a low, low medium, high medium, or high loaded, not as cool as being an A - Z diver with 26 increments.

I never have used the feature on my computer to see how long I could stay at a given depth on a second dive and I could if I wanted just use that # to determine where I was on the table before or after the dive. Then I would only have to be aware of my depth and time should my computer die for one dive. and maybe that is the answer since no one keeps track of their profile as they dive aparently.

October 12, 2004.

Have no clue as to this reply....but I hope you are not counting on either dive computers or tables to be 100% accurate and safe.

I mostly got the same answers on 2 scuba boards, "use more computers".

My computer has a gauge on the side to simulate nitrogen loading it is a 4 place bar graph, so I am a low, low medium, high medium, or high loaded, not as cool as being an A - Z diver with 26 increments.

I never have used the feature on my computer to see how long I could stay at a given depth on a second dive and I could if I wanted just use that # to determine where I was on the table before or after the dive. Then I would only have to be aware of my depth and time should my computer die for one dive. and maybe that is the answer since no one keeps track of their profile as they dive aparently.

In looking at your SB profile I am seeing that you are a recreational diver with basic experience. As you gain dive time you develope a third sense about what you are asking. A basic awareness of your dive depth and dive time at any given moment is all that is needed in the event of a dive computer failure....as you will probably be ending the dive at that point and should be able to make a safe ascent from rec. NDL profiles. Addition of a bottom timer or second dive computer is a great way to dive also.

Actually, there is nothing special about that date as far as I know. I just made it up. It's a sarcastic guess as an answer to the rhetorical question in the previous post :)

Actually, there is nothing special about that date as far as I know. I just made it up. It's a sarcastic guess as an answer to the rhetorical question in the previous post :)

My question was to drive home a point many scuba divers just never seem to get.

All I can say is best wishes on your future dives.....as to sarcasm it can be almost as damning as complacency in diving. :no:

And maybe that is the answer since no one keeps track of their profile as they dive aparently.

Any diver worth his fins keeps track of their dive profile....pretty basic stuff!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom