How do you carry your light?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I use a coiled lanyard cliped to my BC or to a D-ring on my tank bands. Smaller lights get clipped to my BC. I try to avoid retractors on my equipment since they seem to get snagged.

Thanks for the info. I think I might try the coiled lanyard clipped to the upper D-ring. I would hate to drop and lose and new light. Thanks Again

Personally, the first thing I do when I get an accessory with a lanyard is cut the lanyard off and throw it away. I then secure a stainless steel bolt snap where the lanyard used to be, and if I'm not actually using the accessory, I clip it off to a d-ring. That way, I don't have retractors to break, coiled cable to entangle, or anything at all that would be less streamlined than a simple and reliable connection point.

spectrum:
I don't like the way the presence of the liight on my wrist impairs fionding my rear.

Pete
I refrain from fondling myself while diving, which frees up a hand.:D

Left Coast Divers have backup lights.

I use a retractor cliped to a dring. However, I use a smaller light than a light cannon.

tiburon72157:
coiled lanyard clipped to an upper d-ring is the way to go oly. you'll find that most experienced divers like to anchor something that size or expensive to their body. keeps it just high enough to avoid being dragged, and bashed around...and keeps your hands free when necessary.

I may not be that experience, but I clip mine off on the right upper D-ring. Works significantly better than on the wrist.

I invert my UK c8 eled and hold 'upside down'. Works great :)

back ups get cliped to the chest d-rings, and run under inner tubing that are around the straps to keep things from dangling, the primary cannister is on my waist strap and the head is on a goodman handle. The biggest thing is to not let your light hang where it can get caught or cause environmental damage.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom