How do you carry your light?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

TechBlack:
back ups get cliped to the chest d-rings, and run under inner tubing that are around the straps to keep things from dangling, the primary cannister is on my waist strap and the head is on a goodman handle.
That doesn't really help him with what to do with a UK Light Cannon though, does it?

MSilvia:
That doesn't really help him with what to do with a UK Light Cannon though, does it?

as I stated, as long as it's out of the way, and not dangling, then it should be fine, sorry if i got off topic..

I think your light looks suspicioulsy like the 10 million/15 million cp super spot lights sold at Harbor Freight, Northern Tool , Gander mtn. etc---lol--they are not underwater lights. Made in China, they work nicely for spotting a fence line 0.5 miles off! Cost is around 60 dollars or less, weather reistent but not a dive light, nice try, makes a good pic. Mine is yellow but they had black just like yours. N

Nemrod,

Yea, just a fun picture. LOL

Got to have my 15 million cp. I have used it on my boat for checking the beach at night or from the beach to check on my boat. No, it would not do well in the water. Would not do well in nasty wet weather due to open vents in the sides. I purchased this one from Costco for under $30. It has a 12 volt 7.2 ah lead battery like my old canister light though. You could cook on the surface if you had to. A quick way to heat up the cold hands after a long dive in the PNW.

This is going to be tough to describe....

I currently have a C8 LED (among others) and I'm expirimenting with a DIY clip. Basically I have a copper pipe hanger which is nothing more 1/8" round stock bent to form a U with a 90 degree angle 3/4" from the sharp ends. Since these are designed to be pounded into floor joists, I have ground down the pointed ends. This piece is secured to the light housing using a 3" stainless hose clamp. The bottom of the U points toward the fixture while the 90 degree angle rests against the back of the housing to keep it from sliding down.

The result is very similar to the clips you would find on a cell phone except that the tension comes from the spring form in the metal rod its self and it's completely smooth so it doesn't catch on anything.

I should also add that I use a BP/W and this is intended to be used on 2" webbing.

I have only used it a couple of times but I will be putting it to the test next weekend.

FWIW, I carry an SL4 on my right shoulder harness.

scubaoly:
I purchased the UK Light Cannon and was wondering how does everybody carry there lights. It has a wrist strap with it, but do you put it on a retractor or something else? Just looking for some ideas. Thanks
A simple solution is to attach a bolt snap to the existing lanyard/wrist strap. That gives you the option of clipping it off to your BC when you aren't using it, or when you need your hands for something else, like climbing back onboard a boat. You may need to experiment a bit to find which D-ring works best --- clipping off to a shoulder D-ring when trying to get back onto a bouncing boat in high seas may lead to getting whacked in the face with your light.

I use a much smaller light, the UK PCa. It stows in my BC pocket. A boltsnap on the wrist lanyard clips to a D-ring just above the pocket. Most of the time I just leave it clipped to the D-ring, even when using it. Between uses during the day, I usually just stuff it under my waist strap or cumberbund, while still clipped off the the middle level D-ring just above the BC pocket.

BC pocket until I need it, then it stays attached to my LEFT wrist (since the camera is usually always attached to the right)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom