How do you clean your gear?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I bought a large Rubbermade storage bin from Home Depot. I soak my stuff in the bin and then hang it all in the garage to dry.

TOM

I use a plastic party tub that you put a beer keg in. Soak my neoprene in luke warm water with Aquaseal wesuit shampoo and leave overnight. When the boots get to stinkin I soak them separate in a 5 gal bucket with the same solution and add Listerine mouthwash. All the rubber gets hosed down after soaking and then dried.

Dive skins get a machine wash on a light cycle.

BC gets hosed down and the bladder gets rinsed out a couple times and drained. About twice a season and end of season I add "Aquaseal BC Life" to the bladder and rinse. Slightly inflate the BC and put on a hanger.

Regs and computer get a hose rinse and 2nd stages soak in a bucket of warm water under pressure for about 30 mins.

Tanks, accessories, fins, and mask get a hose rinse.

Now you know... I spend as much time cleaning my gear as I do blowing bubbles.

mack50md:
Now you know... I spend as much time cleaning my gear as I do blowing bubbles.

I know your PITA... The time matter has been my concern, too. Now, I can complete all washing job within 25 min.

Back
Top Bottom