How do you load and unload your twinset of your car

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

johnydive

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I couldn’t find anything recent or covering this subject, so how do load you twinset in your car and unload it for ex to get fill? Also how do you hold the twinset by the manifold the valve?! Trying to find an effective way to carry my heavy steels twin.

I use a collapsible dolly to roll my doubles in and out of the shop or to wherever I need to take them. Getting them from the ground to the trunk of my suv is just muscling it but if there is anyone else around I don’t hesitate to ask for help.

Do not lift by the manifold. Grab it by both valves or tilt it and grab one valve and one tank boot.

When I’m setting up for a dive, I will attach the wing and plate to the tanks in the back of my truck and just carry the whole rig in and out on my back.

I’m talking about twin LP 98’s. Heavy AF.

I leave the backplate on, and carry them on my back, like a backpack. (I try to never set them all the way down on the floor if I can help it)

For fills - I'm fortunate to live in an area with dive shops that use long whips to fill your tanks in the back of your vehicle. No need to move them.

I just grab my twin sets by the bands and one valve post. Occasionally I'll forget and lift them by the manifold, but never had an issue with doing that.
2BfTjz.jpg

I just grab my twin sets by the bands and one valve post. Occasionally I'll forget and lift them by the manifold, but never had an issue with doing that.
2BfTjz.jpg
The 1970s are calling and want their doubles back.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom