I'm such an idiot!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

It’s part of the U.k test requirements.
I was wondering what was the procedure, there is some vague description here:

@Wibble they go through the differences between the U.K. an US checks. Was written in 2017 though

Sorry about your incident @Graeme Fraser and apologies to hijack, but it is related to standing tanks.

Last weekend when I was rinsing all my gear on a floating jetty after taking it off the boat, someone moved my stage (S30 with reg attached) to where all the AL80s were stacked and being passed up onto the mainland.

They had taken it from a laying down position and left it standing up.

Floating jetties move slightly when people are walking on them, and my stage fell into the marina. I ended up having to reassemble my tank, wing and reg to jump back in to retrieve the stage, which was at 6m ish, and thoroughly rewash all my gear again. Was not happy, but no damage done fortunately.
Yes I'm definitely in the 'please don't touch my gear' camp, although on this occasion I would have happily made an exception. 😁

Sorry about your incident @Graeme Fraser and apologies to hijack, but it is related to standing tanks.

Last weekend when I was rinsing all my gear on a floating jetty after taking it off the boat, someone moved my stage (S30 with reg attached) to where all the AL80s were stacked and being passed up onto the mainland.

They had taken it from a laying down position and left it standing up.

Floating jetties move slightly when people are walking on them, and my stage fell into the marina. I ended up having to reassemble my tank, wing and reg to jump back in to retrieve the stage, which was at 6m ish, and thoroughly rewash all my gear again. Was not happy, but no damage done fortunately.
You needed scuba gear to dive to 6 meters? seriously?

You needed scuba gear to dive to 6 meters? seriously?
Indeed I did with <1m visibility and in a partial overhead it took me around 5 mins to find the stage

A person on a boat diving trip recently had their gear on a portable trolley, sack-barrow style. Alas this tipped over on the pontoon and a cylinder plus other kit fell into the marina. Being cold it meant a quick dive in a drysuit to 6m/20ft to retrieve the cylinder. Obviously as it was a rebreather cylinder, it wasn't possible to jump in with that... Ended up using a bailout cylinder, but needed loads of lead, how much, etc. Right old palaver, but the tin was eventually recovered.

Alas another thing that had fallen in the marina was a 4.5kg/10lbs container of Sofnolime which happily floated off out of reach. The skipper/captain handed over the grapple with thin rope, used to retrieve a shot line, SMB, etc. Was happily throw to try and hook the container and the inevitable happened... One of the grapple hooks went straight through the side of the container and it rolled over and flooded with seawater before it was dragged back in.

Poor diver.

Thankfully the dive went ahead and was a lovely day.

Names & details withheld o_O

(Not me!)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom