How do you help?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Search for and sometimes recover objects dropped in the lake from the dock or boat. Also, I've helped inspect and/or clean hulls, props, etc.

Some of the searching was in near zero viz, depending on the time of year and rain levels.

So he was dead then resuscitated?
Or was he on the verge and rescued?

He doesn't recall having any kind of near-death experience. In fact, he doesn't recall anything for the 2 weeks prior to the accident at all.

He was under water for nearly 10 minutes before we got him to the surface where the paramedics were waiting. At that point there was no heart rhythm or breathing but they brought him back.

R..

Since we're resurrecting the thread, an update since a previous post.

While diving a lake, we were "recruited" to help a family who was stranded because the anchor on their 30 foot cruiser was stuck. We dove in about 50 feet, found a very expensive anchor snagged on a huge submerged log, and freed them. They had been there about three hours trying to get free and were extremely grateful, especially since the boat they were in belonged to the lady's dad, and they were really dreading having to drop the anchor and a hundred feet of expensive chain.

We turned down the offered payment and went on diving.

He doesn't recall having any kind of near-death experience. In fact, he doesn't recall anything for the 2 weeks prior to the accident at all.

He was under water for nearly 10 minutes before we got him to the surface where the paramedics were waiting. At that point there was no heart rhythm or breathing but they brought him back.

R..

All the other things people in this thread have brought up from underwater are pretty cool, but yours definitely wins. I'm guessing you'd rather not repeat the exercise again anytime soon, though -- good ending, but it must've been stressful.

I helped a buddy clean the prop and scrape all the crud off his sail boat. In return he's teaching me to sail. Pretty good trade for me!

Back
Top Bottom