How do you make yourself less bouyant?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

BMI is a crappy individual measurement. It accounts for nothing but height and weight and doesnt neccesarilly say squat about how "fat" you are

It's not perfect, but it is a starting point and I suspect that at 5'6" & 170, he could lose 10-15lbs of excess body fat and he would be less buoyant.

BMI is a good start if you want to describe a population of thousands of people as their build will be a fairly average build and as such the BMI would be "averagely correct" as well, but to measure individuals theres better ways which is pretty much as simple as BMI..

It's not perfect, but it is a starting point and I suspect that at 5'6" & 170, he could lose 10-15lbs of excess body fat and he would be less buoyant.

yes... i've suspected this much. BMI does put me in the overweight part... but get this... my buddies and I are about just 5 lbs difference in weight... We've analyzed it.... they're runners. less fat... less water retention... more dense!

Stuck with 7.5lbs of weight?...awwww, poor baby :depressed:. I think what you should do is come dive in California where you'll need about triple that and then you won't care about shedding 1.5lbs of lead.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom