How does the table math work?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reg, you keep injecting rational thought into what otherwise could become a fairly good brawl . . . :D

Lessee, here...
OP asks a question in post #1
Question answered in post #2
OP says "Thanks" in post #3
Water muddied in post #4
Bomb thrown in post #5
followed by some 50 tangential posts headed in about half a dozen different directions, including the obligatory PADI bashing and GUE evangelism.
Gotta love it.
:D
Rick

The DiveRite NitekHE does all the calculations for you, if you are planning to switch gasses.

So does the VR3.

You simply only need to input the gasses you are using correctly, and switch underwater appropropriately, and tell your computer what you have done, and then it gives you your next stop depth and stop time.

And V-Planner will have done the same in advance for the dive plan and gas planning. The V-Planner output also provides on-the-fly backups that you can memorize as well, or you can put it onto tech forearm-slates as a backup to your dive computer.

There is simply no need to do any calculations yourself in the 21st Century.

Unless you really want to, yourself, the hard way, either with a pencil and calculator or else with an M/S Excel spreadsheet.:)

Okay ... it might be possible with a lot of hard work to interpret the above differently but I read it as saying pretty much: 'Don't bother with learning deco theory, just plug numbers into your computer and follow them blindly.'

That said ... yes, there has been a lot of positive discussion and good posts by many different people. I was merely pointing out the one obvious exception in my first post.

A ScubaBoard Staff Message...

Warning!
Several posts were edited or removed due to personal attacks. Please keep to THE SUBJECT. Do not violate the TOS with personal attacks.

Thank you... Ball back in play...

Lessee, here...
OP asks a question in post #1
Question answered in post #2
OP says "Thanks" in post #3
Water muddied in post #4
Bomb thrown in post #5
followed by some 50 tangential posts headed in about half a dozen different directions, including the obligatory PADI bashing and GUE evangelism.
Gotta love it.

I actually do love it, but not just for the entertainment value. If you pick through all the extra stuff, there are some interesting things to investigate, some roads to follow in your arm-chair cyber-diving career.

To me, it's like going to the library when you have a question that needs anwering. You get the name of a book to read. You go find it. You find you answer, but hey, that's an interesting chapter on something else! And what's this other book on the next shelf?? Way cool!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom