How far in advance do you plan a "Big" trip?

How Far in advance do you Plan a "Big" Trip?

• Total voters

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

1_T_Submariner

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
I usually try to plan 6 months before the trip. In another thread someone posted they booked 11 months from now. Just curious.

Edit:
I ment "You" Can't edit the title.

Depends. I've done it less than a month out to over a year.

We planned for Wakatobi this October last July, I think.

Took me a minute to get the poll questions.

I usually try to plan 6 months before the trip. In another thread someone posted they booked 11 months from now. Just curious.

Edit:
I ment "You" Can't edit the title.

You learned this because you just booked into the most popular Caribbean resort (that only has 50 spaces per week).

Other places you can be a little more spontaneous.

Depends. I've done it less than a month out to over a year.

We planned for Wakatobi this October last July, I think.

iagree.gif

Have deposits on a week in FL this month, a week in Bonaire in Sept, and Utila next March! :11:

I guess it is about 6 months for a big trip, big for me anyway. Smaller trips like next weekend's 4 day furlough to Florida I planned just over 2 months out. If I were to make a pilgramage to the South Pacific, that would be at a minimum 1 year out, more likely 2.

yeah, I've also done from less than a month to well over a year.

Wakatobi and some of the liveaboards really do require over 12mths of lead time due to demand. Some even more than the aforementioned most popular resort in the Carribbean (lol).

What's scary is booking the resort or boat without being able to book airfare that far out.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom