How far south??

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

OK, i am convinced, but which liveaboard do y'all recommend? and what time of the year should i go? and if y'all know what is a good price? keep in mined that i am living in Egypt at the moment!

P.S. Diving is not my main priority, i just don't like disappointments, so if i am going to spend money and time to go dive, than i better enjoy it. (ain't i right!!)

I took my group on the VIP One liveaboard (www.vipone.com), which was launched in 1996, but is drydocked every year, so it is in very good condition. The interior was recently totally redone. I like this boat because it is a decent size, yet it only takes 14 guests - most boats that big take 20. So you have plenty of room, dive sites aren't crowded when it is just your boat, the crew are great and the food is excellent.

There are several other boats operating out of Sharm running similar itineraries, but I have been on this one, liked it, and am planning on going again in 2007 (time allowing).

If you are doing the northern itinerary, as was said before, June is the time to go, as this is when Ras Mohammed is at the height of its powers. Massive – and I mean massive – shoals of unicornfish, snapper, batfish and jacks hanging off the sheer wall, giant trevally and grouper swimming in and around them, and slightly further off the wall, in the blue, hundreds and hundreds of barracuda swimming in a large circle, generally with two or three blacktip sharks worrying them. Oh, and then there is the stunning coral growth to look at if you can tear yourself away from all the open-water action.

Mark

Mark, i think you understand me the most, you just explained what i would like to see, actually you described where i would like to live!
I do like the description of that boat, lately I've been hearing about a lot of careless (not safety conscious) dive resorts here in Egypt.
I'll call them and check their prices.
thank y'all for all the help, hope i could help y'all some day!

much love,
Soudan

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom