• 2-3 hours

Votes: 39 21.8%
  • 3-4 hours

Votes: 20 11.2%
  • more than 4 hours

Votes: 89 49.7%

• Total voters

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I've drove to Miami to dive, which is alot of fun, but where I live it's not very far to get to dive. To the channel and pier it's about a five minute drive if I want to shore dive. If I want to take the boat, It's even a shorter drive to the boat ramp, then a fav dive area is about a 20 min. boat ride, or there's aboat ramp that's about 20 min. away and the dive area is a five min. boat ride:wacko:
I've driven to Tobemorey as well to dive, a seven hour trip.
:eek:ut:
Dive Safe,
Caymaniac

Although I'm much closer to the Gulf, I like Florida's East coast diving better. I make at least one trip a month and sometimes two trips a month(three this month) to South Florida. Key Largo is a five hour drive. Boyton Beach four, Riveria, West Palm, three. Of course, travel times are dependent on traffic, it takes longer in the winter when all the snowbirds are here. :) :tree: Bob

It looks like 10 hours is my record so far.

Just got home from a trip up to dive the St Lawrence Seaway just north of Watertown, NY this weekend.

Drove up from central New Jersey (Seaside Heights) with 600+ pounds of gear and my buddy.

According to the lable on the door frame, we overloaded the truck by about 200 pounds... :wink:

We took some gear for other people going on the trip so we ended up with:

6 sets of doubles
11 deco bottles (mostly AL40s).
our usual gear (BCs, Drysuits, etc...)
and clothes for a few days.

GREAT TRIP but the guys with wet-gloves were hurting after the longer dives. Water temps of 40 down deep to 46 at the surface.

Pretty soon, my longest drive to dive will be 7-8 hours....From the San Francisco bay area to Long Beach, then take a boat transport to Catalina.....

Several weeks ago, I flew three thousand miles to dive (Hawaii). Does that count? heh

dive safe,

Sean

i personaly would drive MAX 5 hours forone dive. I usually only drive about 1 hour to the shore from my house.

Depends. For a special dive, 2 hours. Otherwise, 1 hour.

I drove 5 hours to Ulchin in the South-east part of Korea last weekend. The distance wasn't too far but the area is very mountainous so the road is very windy. Going north/south is no problem in this country but the roads just aren't set up for travelling laterally. It took more than 6 hours on the way back because of the Sunday night traffic coming into Seoul. That's a lot of driving for one day. Oh well, if you gotta dive, you gotta dive.

Just got back from driving 3 hours each way to get two dives at Alexandria Bay on the St. Lawrence. These were my open water dives for my dry suit course. I'll drive three hours each way for two dives any day.

I just wish I didn't have to go that far to get wet...

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom