How fit are you?

What do you do to keep in shape for diving?

• Daily aerobic exercise > 30 min

Votes: 26 13.5%
  • Daily aerobic exercise 20-30 min

Votes: 7 3.6%
  • Daily aerobic exercise 10-20 min

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 3 to 5 days/week aerobic >30 min

Votes: 75 39.1%
  • 3 to 5 d/wk aerobic 20-30 min

Votes: 23 12.0%
  • 3 to 5 d/wk aerobic 10-20 min

Votes: 4 2.1%
  • Mild aerobic >30 min daily

Votes: 3 1.6%
  • Mild aerobic 10-20 min daily

Votes: 5 2.6%
  • Mild aerobic 3 to 5 days a week, > 30 min a day

Votes: 13 6.8%
  • Mild aerobic 3 to 5 days a week 10-20 min a day

Votes: 2 1.0%
  • I don't exercise at all

Votes: 23 12.0%
  • I do very light exercise daily

Votes: 11 5.7%

• Total voters

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

biscuit7:
I also didn't see "lifts 10-30 tanks twice a day, 5 days a week and dives a lot" as an option.

Some of us don't need anymore exercise than our jobs require.

R

Well said! Unfortunately, some of us are stuck behind a desk/keyboard in a basement in some non-descript building in Indianapolis. :(

superstar:
Lifting weights is boaring, streching is for wimps, I play senior mens league hockey better known as the beer league.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XQaRwxBSII8

That'll certainly do the trick, but since I can't skate and I value all of my teeth, I'll stick with weight lifting and running. :D

I started diving about 7 years ago. I got tired of being the first one to run out of air so I started swimming. Currently, I'm swimming a minimum of 2500 yards a day, Monday through Friday.
I don't use up my air nearly as fast as I used to.

NWGratefulDiver:
... a classic case of "too much of a good thing" ... if muscles were makeup, this fellow would be Tammy Faye Bakker ...

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

Ok, OK,
I'll admit it, that really wasn't my picture I posted back there on page 1.

All kidding aside though. I hit the gym 5-6 days a week doing 4 spin classes a week and 4 lifting sessions with a occasional run in the warm weather.

Al

Strength training 1-2 hours every other day with my trainer... a variety of routines with an occasional circuit.

Off days I run or ride my roadbike for 30 minutes at 85% max HR.

30 minutes of stretching morning and evening... soon to start yoga.

A variety of sports and activities... my favorite right now is table tennis.

Diet is a 2400 cal high protein, moderate carb, low fat diet with meals, protein shakes/supplements every three hours...oh... and a gallon and a half water per day.

I feel great!

6 ft 175 pounds.
BMI around 23 or so.
Waist: 34
% fat: 12%... next stop 10%

Goal: Machine

Fish_Whisperer:
I quit smoking on the 18th of December. Now I'm doing my best to get FAT!!!! Gawwd, ma' belly is so frickin' SEXY, I can't stand it!! *struttin*
Thanks alot for quitting smoking, now the government will raise my taxes to make up for the tax shortage from you not buying smokes.

Winter months indoors , treadmill 10 minute/mile pace 4 times a week. Bowflex for upper body twice a week. Summer months outdoors, run 3 miles 4 times a week and Bowflex twice a week.

Depending on conditions, diving can be strenuous and it helps me to be in shape.

uh-huh...
Jon C:
Does anyone else find this picture disturbing?:11:

Back
Top Bottom