How I spent Monday (and why the theme hasn't changed)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Congrats. I got a little weepy at the picture of the ring in the shell. That had to be the best Monday story ever. Thanks for sharing the story and pictures.

Melissa

Neat story & pics. Thanks for sharing again...

So much for those Monday blues, congratulations!

Congratulations (belatedly)!

Where is the super secret hide-away? That looks like a "perfect plan" for me, as well! You can PM the info, if you don't want to give it away (you're secret is safe w/me). My 10th is coming up soon!

Oh! I see! It is Onslow! Where... exactly... is that? G.B.R. or further away?

Wow! Thanks Everyone for the congratulations. We are so excited about this new chapter in our lives.

And he did so good!!

The islands in the photo are just north of Exmouth - our flight path took us over them. They are the Muiron Islands, the very very northern tip of the Ningaloo system, and have a great selection of dive sites - we dive them a couple times a week. You can camp on them with permission, but there are no houses, toilets, showers, power etc - too rustic for my blood!

The islands that Dave flew us to are the Mackerel Islands and they are accessed from Onslow which is north of Exmouth and on the other side (East) of the Exmouth Gulf. There are several islands with various types of accommodation out there and the fishing is meant to be excellent. I've heard that the diving can be too - but from what our skipper was saying you must have to go to the outskirts for the best as the closer islands (we were only about an hour out) are extremely tidal and the viz is quite low (which can provide some excellent dives sometimes). BTW these are all in Western Australia!

WOW! Don't let my wife read this! She'll expect something just as spectacular for our 20th annv. in a couple of years!!!!!

GOOD JOB DAVE!!!

Congratulations!!
Very heartwarming and an inspiration for the future (hopefully? someday? when I find the right person?)

Since I can never fully suppress my inquisitive and practical German mind, though, reading through your wonderful story made me want to ask you: What does a mortal like I have to do to be able to live in place like that? I mean, float planes, whales on the way, deserted islands with no fences and nobody to chase you off, that's all pretty unreal to a European. And since this is an advice forum, I would love to hear some if you care to.

:D

Last edited:
Congratulations and all the best to you two in every aspect of your future together Alcina.

Back
Top Bottom