How is Playa DEl Carmen and Cozumel in September??

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

when it comes to comparing the diving coz is clearly better than pdc. you can still do cenote dives on the mainland from coz but you'll have to rise early. as an alternative, there is apparently superb if little known cenote diving on coz.

docmartin once bubbled...
when it comes to comparing the diving coz is clearly better than pdc. you can still do cenote dives on the mainland from coz but you'll have to rise early. as an alternative, there is apparently superb if little known cenote diving on coz.

Where is that and who goes there? I've looked, and I've never been able to find any cenote diving on Cozumel. Rumors abound, but so far I've never been able to get any substantiation for them.

Oh, they're around. In fact, that pond to the right just before the marina as you enter La Caleta is a fun one.

Anyway, here's 3 that are visited on occasion. I have info on some others that I've done over the years in my PC files at home.

http://www.caves.org/project/qrss/cozumel.htm

These folks can train/guide you:

http://www.divecozumel.net/technical.html

Best regards.

DocVikingo

DocVikingo once bubbled...
Oh, they're around. In fact, that pond to the right just before the marina as you enter La Caleta is a fun one.
I went over toward it when I was walking out to the road from the Caleta one time a couple of years back, and I was ambushed by a horde of mosquitos that would put the flying bloodsuckers in the Louisiana marsh I know and "love" to shame. It looked pretty swampy back in there, but that was during a particularly rainy May.

I guess my question is more along the lines of whether there are cenote dives on Cozumel available to the "normal" (non cave) diver, such as Dos Ojos over on the mainland.

Before I go firing off emails to the list of DO's in PDC, I was wondering if anyone is aware of any of them that will pick you up at your hotel dock like they do on the Coz side? MOst of the we sites indicate that they leave from their own site, and I don't want to have to travel every morning.

I'll be staying at Iberostar Paraiso.

Also, has anyone dove out of Iberostar Paraiso with Dressel? They seem to be more aligned to tourista dives, and I want to get in 2 morning dives each day.

In the past three years we have been to Coz in Sept. and Oct. every year. We have had wonderful luck with weather. It's really all about timing. We have been rather fortunate and will continue to visit Coz in Sept, Oct, and May for low season. Don't like to dive in Coz during high season......just my pref.

Hello all,

My wife and I got certified last year in Jamaica at Couples Resort and we have since dove in the BVI's (Rhone, Indians) and we are now headed to the PDC area the Oct. 10-17 we will be staying at the Aventura Spa & Palace and they have a dive operator there but I don't know if they are a good DO or not. We plan to do a Cenote dive and possibly Coz as well was wondering if you all have been to this place or used there DO or not and we seem to be seeing prices of 60-125 a head w/equipment. Thanks please email me

I cant say for sure about Sept but late August was great. Hardly any people and the weather was HOT. Chock Mal cenote was great! We aslo dove Paradise wall where I saw a huge grouper and a turtle.

Hope this helps

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom