How is this for a starter gun?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

i have a mare 100 and it is two band i killed ajs but they do bend the smaller shafts easy i have bent to so think about that and must of the divers around here use the 38 specail

true detachable tips are better for biger fish, but i would recomend getting a gun more powerful than you think you need. granted you will be shooting bottom fish but when that AJ or cobia roles by you'll want to take the shot. and a bent shaft is a real downer if you dont have an extra, or lossing a fish.

We agree on powerful guns, and that's why I recommended nothing less than 48" in shaft length as the JBL Explorer 24 has... don't know why it's called a 24, it has nothing to do with size. I'd go even bigger and a step up in quality too, but SH stated a tight budget right up front.

I'm also always recommending bumping band power to the next strongest if the shooter has no injury and can handle it.

Chad

I have a 80cm railgun by Mako. It works real well out here for what I do. It blows right thru some really big carp without any trouble. The guns are waranteed and costs less than $200.00 for a gun of this size. I use a single 20mm band and it has tons of power. Mako spearguns also offers a four payment plan if you cant pony up all the cash at once. I also have a 75cm Immersion Euro that shoots like a laser. Just my two cents
Chris

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom