How is your Milk Crate Setup / Tricked Out?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Most boats would probably be ok with it, but not if everyone did it.. right?

It's awesome, just would work everywhere for everybody. I do like the PVC "bowl" though
Depends...great lakes divers have a lot of crap, and the bucket fits as well as most other solutions. It doesn't fit under seats, but other divers take a bunch of that space, and I usually take the spot with a big support leg.

It also fits enough for team gear, so offering it as a good place for masks, hoods and dry gloves goes a long way for goodwill. But yeah, it's not the right solution for everyone on the boat to use, and I dont bring it to travel locations.

I do have a rigid system for my tools and camping gear, so I might try out their rectangular crates next time I actually dive...

I'm partial to this type of crate. 24x14x10.5. Fits under the types of bench seats found on many (California) dive boats. Long enough to fit an XL Jetfin or M Mares Quattro. Solid bottom and sides which prevents little bits (e.g. goodman handle stainless screws, wing nuts, o rings etc) from escaping if they drop into the bottom of the crate. Being closed it does collect water, but small diameter drain holes drilled into the sides partially solves that problem. Also being closed it's a bit more stout than the traditional milk crate meaning you can stack heavy stuff (e.g. scooter w/saddle) on top.

Attachments

• Crate.jpg
    Crate.jpg
    110.1 KB · Views: 107
Here’s my setup, just made it today.

Attachments

• IMG_6392.jpeg
    IMG_6392.jpeg
    119.1 KB · Views: 110
  • IMG_6390.jpeg
    IMG_6390.jpeg
    182.6 KB · Views: 104
  • IMG_6389.jpeg
    IMG_6389.jpeg
    154.5 KB · Views: 108
Where did you get the pieces on the side? Looks good
I scavenged them off an OMS Sidemount adapter. Stainless steel kitchen drawer handles would work; I just used what was laying around.

Back
Top Bottom