How long are your dives?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Even with our 35-40 minute limit on the guides timer for the first dive, guests descending early can easily get our rental Suunto Gecko's into deco before 60 minutes on some of our second dive sites.

It ain't hard to get a Gecko into Deco!!! it's a very conservative computer. I've got one and I always go into deco well before any of my buddies diving different computers.

AL

When diving in California I use my 80 cubic HP tank and tend to average 45 - 55 min. dives between 45' - 75'. Temp's range from 54 degrees to 62 degrees. The colder it is, the shorter the dive. I use a dry suit, 5mm gloves, and a 7mm hood. In warm water they are definately hour dives.

Most of the time it is is to the deco limit, or the time allowed for the dive by the Boat staff. Looking at my last years worth, that averages just over 50 minutes, with a long of 82 minutes. I try to get in first and come back to be the last person back on the boat, without them having to wait. It would be a lot less without Nitrox.

In California I dive a 80 cubic HP tank. My dives are usually 45' - 75' in water ranging from 54 degrees to 62 degrees. Dives typically range from 45 - 55 minutes. The colder the water, the shorter the dive. I dive with a dry suit, 5mm gloves and a 7mm hood. In warm water my dives are an hour plus.

I dive usually between 40 - 60 minutes.
Diveral: Yes, I know some people, who have the gekko computers and when we had dive together they give me a signal that they have deco and I didn't have any yet. I'm happy with my Darwin. :)

On my trip to Tahiti early in the summer We went to about 60-70 ft for 48 minutes. Im fairly new to diving too so hope this helps.

Depends on alot of things---anywhere from 20 minutes to 2 hours---pick a number between 20 & 120........

Except from training dives,WHY would you make a 20min.dive.Driving to the site and back,cleaning gear,just for 20min.?

Except from training dives,WHY would you make a 20min.dive.Driving to the site and back,cleaning gear,just for 20min.?

Have you been in 40 degree (F) water? Generally with a 20 minute dive there are two dives but sometimes you're done after 20 minutes. The 4 hour round trip is worth it though, I can't explain why.
Ber :lilbunny:

Have you been in 40 degree (F) water? Generally with a 20 minute dive there are two dives but sometimes you're done after 20 minutes. The 4 hour round trip is worth it though, I can't explain why.
Ber :lilbunny:

I can only say that I am 200% in agreement with you Ber. My 7mm January dives are well worth it but because I am diving wet....I am not making a second. Well worth the 2 hours each way (once maybe twice a year only).

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom