How long does it take?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

alo100:
These are the answers I've heard most of the time.
Couple of months ago I read the Diver magazine, they talked about it....
Why would it suddenly jumped up to become a 3 days check?.

Hope you didnt take that from my schedule/my 'day 5 check'? I come home in the evening and after a days work at the office, I have a limited number of hours to do stuff at home (cooking, washing etc.....).

On the friday evening, I have all regs cleaned and assembled. I go through tuning and testing. Tuning is setting pressure, adjusting, depresurizing, verifying and re-adjsuting, etc, etc until I see the IP I want. Tesing is a quick breath and then in a bath to look for leaks and cracking pres., if I have time, I jump in the pool to play.

awap:
Regs really need to be cycled to take the initial set, not just left under pressure. And a bath tube works better for a leak check. You can even see where the leak is.:mooner:

Agree. Previously I was just quoting the over night testing part, the rest of the checkings are done independently. Soaking in water to check leakage etc. is still in normal rountine.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom