• Five

Votes: 4 6.7%
  • Six

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Seven

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I would have to take National Geographic over Wikipedia.
Me too, Bill, but if National Geographic is using tectonic plates to decide we'll need some other criteria to be consistent with the original premise of the thread.
Besides, does anyone consider the Caribbean islands to be North American... or on any continent for that matter?
Yes, that's the problem; once we venture into the ocean we're diving between the continents. Maybe on the Cocos Plate (if we're lucky) or the Caribbean Plate, rather than the North American or South American Plate.

Well from some of the tectonic plate info I have gathered Abc's are on the Caribbean plate not NA or SA. Israel is on the Arabian plate, Oceania seems to be on the Phillipean plate and it seems there are way more plates than continents no matter how you count them. So I'm going by proximity to nearest continent. :mooner:
I got 3 possibly 4 depending on where some of the Greek islands sit lol N.A., S,A. and EU

NG Maps Print Collection - Earth's Fractured Surface Map

Unless you are counting inland dives, shouldn't the poll be about how many seas / oceans / bodies of water ?

It is not a real continent, but it is a good way of tidying up all those Pacific islands... and because otherwise Aussies get too big headed.
I really like your definition Rhone Man. Speaking as a Kiwi, we certainly can't be considered part of the Australian continent.:wink:

The only thing this poll is showing is the amount of free time and disposable income each member has. It takes time and money to dive. It takes a huge amount to travel or other continents for diving.

It takes a huge amount to travel or other continents for diving.

This might also be indicative of those that are wiling to forego closer to home travel for fewer long trips. I gave up all the time off I wanted to have in 2009 so that I could use every day possible for my 3 week trip to Thailand. It was awesome and worth it. It was expensive but no more expensive than three individual 1 week trips to the Caribbean....or not too much more anyways.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom