How many countries have you lived in?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

England 26ish years
Australia 4 years (1 year travel, 3 years West Australia)
Egypt 2 years (although I stayed in Israel for 3 of those months and crossed the border everyday PITA)
Malaysia 1 year
Malta 6 months
Mozambique 2 months
Honduras 2 months

Interesting thread! I find myself wondering what many of you do for a living (presuming that many of you traveled for work). Fun to read through.

Holland, Curacao, US, Honduras, Dominican Republic, Egypt, Malaysia and UK all lived in but visited many more.

Interesting thread! I find myself wondering what many of you do for a living (presuming that many of you traveled for work). Fun to read through.

I've lived in a few countries due to military service or working as a defense contractor. I'm presently in Dubai waiting for a flight to Afghanistan.

I lived in South Korea (U.S. Army)
Saudi Arabia, Iraq, Kuwait (U.S. Army-Gulf War '91)....This is where I first encountered the world of defense contracting. I got out and then lived/worked in various places, such as...

Germany (3 years)
Luxembourg (4 months)
Japan, Misawa (1 year)
Guam (3.5 years)
Japan, Iwakuni (currently)

I've taken a variety of shorter work trips, sometimes a few days up to months long. It just depends on the job.
I've taken a lot of family vacations that were more accessible due to living overseas. I enjoy living overseas, more importantly my wife and kids love it!

Everywhere I've ever been, I've met or seen plenty of my countrymen living and working outside of the United States. It just depends on your line of work. I understande that there are many people working in Ireland, mostly tech related jobs.

-Mitch

I got into commercial aquaculture (mainly shrimp) back in 77 in Hawaii. Chasing jobs is what's moved me around.

South England, born and raised. Emigrated to Portugal on my 23rd birthday and lived there for 12 years, am currently living in Switzerland and will have been here for six months by the time I move again to spend six months minimum on Malta... running away from the office job and chasing Instructor positions is what's kept me moving!

Last edited:
https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom