How many dives ina single Day ?

What is the most dives you have done in a single day

• Total voters

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I realize the hours can get pretty long, but the actual dive quantity is of interest to me. Considering exiting the water, shore, boat etc.

Taking off gear, maybe filling tanks. If you have a drysuit, wrestling with that.
It all builds to be WORK :wink:

I have found beach diving in a 5 mm drysuit, with several stairs (18lbs of weights) and a 30-50 meter walk to be interesting. hard to imagine doing that more than 3 or 4 times in a single day. Sheesh, I was tired just walking to the beach !

Thanks for those who replied.

I have done as much as 5 dives a day for a couple days in a row on various liveaboards in the Caymans, Belize, and the Sea of Cortez. It becomes very easy to just roll off the sun deck, into your gear and off the boat. I even snorkel a lot during my SI when moored in a good location for it.

Rick

I have done 6 dives a day in cold water on a bug hunting trip. I spent 7 hours and 5 minutes underwater that day. Surface intervals were all longer than 1 hour and most dives were shallower than 70 feet.

Other than that, my usual number of dives off a boat are 3-4 and off the beach is 1-2. I have done 4 dives off the beach, including the walk down the stairs and back to the car, but that was when I assisted with classes, then did a couple of fun dives to wind down. :diver:

wolf eel:
Technically. Every pen is a dive so 36 :hai:

What is a pen ?

What is a true dive., lol

Actually existing the water, or say doing a surface interval floating on the water ?

A pen is a farm system it could have many pens our farms had 18 they range from 120'sq by to 35' sq. You do net check and you collect morts. And if you leave the net you may drop to 250'. Pred nets have to be able to go under the entire net system and has to be sewn in the middle of two panels so three panels in total. That would stretch along the entire system. So we would do 36 pens at 120' deep. 18 before lunch and 18 after.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom