How many folks have the Canon 20D?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

My housing for my 20d should be here tomm. along w my other ds-125 strobe..boy can't wait..I use a 10d at the moment cant wait to move up..

I have a d30, 1d, 1d Mark II and 20d. The d30 is being converted to infra-red, the 1d is mostly a backup these days. The Mark II is ostensibly my primary camera, but I find I actually shoot with the 20d more often. It is a terrific camera. Lighter than many other digitals, 8megs, clean images and relatively simple to use.

I haven't used it for underwater work, although it would probably be the SLR I would choose. (For underwater photography, I use a G1 in an Ikelite housing.)

Here is a photo I took yesterday with the 20d (it is actually 4 photos, but don't tell anyone).

A couple of points, while the 20d is a sturdy camera, it is not built to the specs of a true professional camera in terms of being rugged, sealed, etc. That is just something you should know. In any inclement conditions, you would want to make sure you have it well protected.

The only other problem I have found is mine seems to show low batteries very quickly. I think it may be in the optional two battery mount, but it is somewhat annoying. Not a deal breaker, and battery life is still a lot better than with older digitals, but a factor to remember.

At any rate, I would certainly recommend the 20d.

Safe Diving,

Jeff

Back
Top Bottom