• Quit-more than 12 months ago

Votes: 75 20.0%
  • Quit-but went back to smoking

Votes: 4 1.1%
  • Non-smoker (never smoked)

Votes: 183 48.8%

• Total voters

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I quit cold-turkey 3½ years ago - I WILL NEVER GO BACK!

.......if only I could do the same with beer....sweet sweet beer, mmmmmmmmmmmm

i smoked when i was a youngster,but was able to quit at about 22yrs. haven't smoked in 30+ yrs. thank the lord for that.
i sure don't miss it.:)

a truck driver threw a cigarette out his window, I picked it up & tried it...didn't like it & haven't smoked since (about 32 years ago.) Pretty much the same thing with liver & brussels sprouts, though I've heard...but don't truly believe...that those things aren't as detrimental to one's health. I've done in the intervenining years a lot of running, some marathons and things like that, so I guess it's just as well.
On a related note, I'd say the vast majority of Japanese instructors/divers smoke (I live in Guam, and that's the clientele I deal with normally.) If you could invent a reg that would allow someone to smoke DURING the dive, your money worries would be over!

Iruka once bubbled...
If you could invent a reg that would allow someone to smoke DURING the dive, your money worries would be over!

Hhhhhmmmm.... I need to get to work on this..... I may be able to afford that Cayman beach front property after all.....
:wink:

2.5 years ago. I have no desire to smoke again.

I can't imagine what the hell I was thinking all those years...

:mean:

smoke nazi here, smokers shouldnt be diving...:wacko:

:boom: :boom: :boom:

:boom: :boom: :boom: I smoke a pack a day and dive twice a day. My air consumption is as good as anyone on the boat and I never get tired. Too get rid of the morning smokers cough, have one the moment your eyes open. If I do any deep dives I try to cut back both before and after. Not for stamina reasons, because you shouldnt be working hard at depth, but because it effects oxygen intake and etc.....
If there was an underwater reg. that you could smoke with I would no longer have any reason to come up;-0

No coffin nails here... just the once-in-a-blue-moon cigar. Biggest complaint about cigars: it tastes like a cat defecated in my mouth the morning after I smoke one.

DISCLAIMER: This is only a theory since I don't know what cat feces taste like.

NOTE ON DISLAIMER: I had to give this disclaimer since I just know somebody would ask me how I knew what cat feces tasted like :rolleyes:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom