How many of you love diving with your spouse?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I'm jealous of all of you. Diving with a significant other would be amazing.
I taught my girlfriend how to swim this year (not knowing how to swim is surprisingly common in Korea even though I live in a beach town) and she really wants to get scuba certified after hearing my incessant blabbering about it. I'm hoping after continuing to swim with her through the winter she will be ready next summer.

I'm jealous of all of you. Diving with a significant other would be amazing.
I taught my girlfriend how to swim this year (not knowing how to swim is surprisingly common in Korea even though I live in a beach town) and she really wants to get scuba certified after hearing my incessant blabbering about it. I'm hoping after continuing to swim with her through the winter she will be ready next summer.

Just show her plenty of patience. I started by taking an "adult learn to swim" class because my (newly wed at that time) husband was half-fish. I had a hard time becoming comfortable in the water and with diving and he was supportive and eventually I learned to love it too!

My wife is my primary dive buddy... It's great to experience new dive sites with her. The more experience we gain together the better the dive trip. We stop down to practice some basic skills on most dives so we will always be on same page being fairly new divers.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom