How many on this board use or have used OMS equipment ?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I have to admit I'm very pleased with the gear I've gotten so far. I have The SS BP and harness, with HD billy rings. The 100 lb. single bladder wing, two 300 ft reels. An OMS bottom timer, a 45 twin 98s, a 120, and a 135 for tanks. All OMS Valves and manifolds. Good service, and prices, reasonable delivery time, and the stuff is durable and of better quality!
Wreck/Tec

AquaGuy once bubbled...
I am happy with the OMS IQ Paq + 100 lb single bungied bladder + OMS SS Plate. I still don't know what the fuss is about bungied wings (I don't wreck dive..)

Have you ever tried to orally inflate it at depth? How about that spiffy little trick of breathing off the inflator without rapidly changing your bouyancy characteristics? When I was new to diving I thought the bungied wings were the next best thing to sliced bread. But there is a reason they came off of my wings not too long after I got them. Not just because the DIR gods told me to either.:D

I love the OMS logo -- it's pretty cool looking.... so will probably pick up their utility pouch when I put together my rig this spring... :)

Haven't really considered their other gear, but it's not for any particular reason -- just haven't gotten around to taking a good look, yet.

Matt

Two items I have from OMS:

112 cu. ft. cylinder

Nice cylinder from buoyancy viewpoint, don't like the finish

O2 analyzer

it needed an new O2 sensor within a year of purchase which was replaced by OMS at no charge, this was nice. However, when I changed the battery recently and opened the unit myself for the first time I got a big surprise -- the inside of the analyzer housing is majorly defective where all of the posts on the inside that accept screws from outside to hold the housing together have been broken from their foundation and glued in place, one of the posts has come unglued, and the others seem to be holding on only tenuously. Suffice it to say that I will never, ever buy from OMS again.

One item I used to have:

backplate

I sold it since it had a 1" crotch webbing slot and I wasn't interested in getting it milled out to 2" myself.

Use their EANx puter as my backup. Never had any problems with it.

I have the OMS IQ harness, No sag pockets, OMS SS backplate, reel, 100# bungee wing - love my rig. Next will be OMS twin 98's. My Ni Tek computer is identical to their Eanx computer. Like all of it.

OMS SS Plate

OMS 100lb wing (I junked the 3ft long corrugated hose and put an aftermarket 6" hose. I junked the inflator head and put a scubapro inflator on. Makes for a nice tight configuration tied down to a DIY harness).

OMS Dual 85's with Sea Elite Manifold
Dont like OMS Manifolds or modular valves because their to hard to turn and take way to many turns to shut on and off. I like the regular valves.

OMS 2 45's with oms valves

OMS Drysuit glove's very nice, gloves keep me toasty but are kind of bulky on the arm due to long gauntlets.

OMS small pocket.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom