How many people flooded their cameras?

Have you ever flooded your camera

• NO, with a cheaper case by the manufacturer(Canon, Sony Olympus,etc).

Votes: 34 58.6%
  • Yes, with a cheaper case by the manufacturer(Canon, Sony Olympus,etc).

Votes: 17 29.3%
  • No, with an ikelite case

Votes: 6 10.3%
  • Yes, with an ikelite case

Votes: 1 1.7%

• Total voters

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ScubaMarc

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I was wondering what is the percentage of people flood there cameras and if ikelite case are less prone to flooding.

I think you'll find that most all well maintained housings will keep water out. I've had a couple of close calls with my Olympus housing, but they were due to my own impatience and stupidity, not a manufacturing defect. Once, I left one housing latch open. A couple of times I've leaked a bit in the wash tank with the camera out and found a hair or lint on the o-ring. Once I closed the little thread that holds the lens cap in the corner of the housing, but I caught it in time.

I was wondering what is the percentage of people flood there cameras and if ikelite case are less prone to flooding.

you forgot Sea & Sea and Nikon....I shot 35mm S&S for 12 years without a flood....

I flooded my canon in an Ikelite case because I trapped the flash wire in the gasket after copying some images between dives. Had no business opening the housing when there were 200 things going. Dive first pictures second.

Opened the housing and then the DM called a second dive at the same site instead of a move. I had already moved to a full tank and was playing with my camera. closed it up quick, grabbed my gear, the into the water. At 15 ft i noticed bubbles but it was too late.

Fear of getting hit by the karma bus prevents me from answering this poll...

Does having the cammera dropped in soapy water by the bar back count. Nothing ruins a great vacation and your buzz like a little soapy water in your SeaLife DC600.
icon8.gif

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom