How much experience?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

My answer is that it depends. I know several divers who started diving specifically so the could dive caves. They have done thousands of dives but probably haven't done a dozen in OW. They were experienced cavers though and the purpose for the diving was to get through the UW portions of the cave...cavers who decide to continue into UW caves as apposed to divers who decide to continue into water that flows into caves.

Here in the US we tend to be divers that decide to dive in caves. It isn't that way everyplace or for everybody. The CDG is probably a good reference here. They do it differently and the dive training is aimed at cave diving from day one. I think they tend to be cavers first. I'm a trained cave diver of modest experience but I'm not much of a caver. I just dive in caves.

One way or the other, we all have to guard against going too far too fast. I guess the specifics of that depend on your starting point.

in_cavediver:
It is a double edged sword though. Have you priced a pair of CCR's or a pair of scooters! You know, if I got only one, it would be 'Thanks honey, that's so SWEEET!'

Hey Mike, can I barrow your wife's scooter?

in_cavediver:
I'd say yes but she won't let ME touch it:D

So basically, you have to "sneek" the scooter away from your wife if you want to do a "sneek" scooter dive....

Man, that's rough.. :eyebrow: Have you tried Bribery? Chick flicks work sometimes...

Cheers :D

http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom