How much fill do you get?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I use HP 100's and my LDS cranks em up! I even wait for them, and when he gives them back he gives me the eye, and tells me not to leave them in a hot car. I generally hit the water with between 35, to 3700. I love that guy!

After waiting for 7 weeks to get my tanks back from Hydro I was able to pick up 3 of the 4 today (last one should be ready tomorrow ...) 1 Al80 filled to 3100 and 2 steel 65's rated at 2250psi (no plus rating anymore). The one has a bad valve so it's empty (got a new valve ready...) the other one they filled to 3000 psi ... so I now have an 87cf steel tank ... of course I store my tanks in the back of my truck ... in the hot sun where my AL80's occassionaly read 3500psi... so I was a wee bit worried about that one ... still a very nice fill... especially after I was told this shop will not overfill tanks - LOL... to play it safe I put the blower attachment onto the tank and used it to clean out my car ... it's down to 2800 now ... I feel a bit better :D

Aloha, Tim

kidspot:
2 steel 65's rated at 2250psi (no plus rating anymore). The one has a bad valve so it's empty (got a new valve ready...) the other one they filled to 3000 psi ... so I now have an 87cf steel tank

Gee now if you could insulate the tank so it wouldn't chill down when you hit the water think of the bottom time you could get! :)

Pete

Web Monkey:
I fixed it buy buying LP steel tanks.

2640 every time. :cool:

Terry

That trick usually works great, but I find myself "explaining" the '+' rating with just about every new shop I go into. They see the 2400 on the valve and that's where they stop (some shops stop there even if I show them the +)... That's life I guess...

spectrum:
Gee now if you could insulate the tank so it wouldn't chill down when you hit the water think of the bottom time you could get! :)

Pete

Actually when it cooled down it was 3100 psi :wink:

it was about 3400 when hot off the compressor...

Tim

Generally between 2750psi to 3000 psi with the AL 80's that I use.
If I weren't so good with my air consumption then maybe these short fills would be a prob. :wink:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom