How much lead to use ...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I'd go for trapped air causing the ascent. The rec wing is way too big for a single tank and does wrap and trap gas like that.

Do a proper weight check - suck a tank down to nearly empty and go to 3m. You should be able to be neutral at 3m or so depth with NEARLY no gas left in the wing - get a buddy to check by looking at or feeling it. Or do it with 50 bar or so in and add about 1/2kg. Or 100 bar and add 1kg.

I did my first sweet water dive a few days ago and it left me with weighing questions.

I was diving in a 3/2mm shorty with AL-80 tank with a rec wing BCD. With 6 lbs of lead I was ok in the beginning but felt light at the end of the dive. Had problems staying submerged. On the next dive, I added two more pounds (total 8 pounds) and was negatively buoyant until I blasted my wing almost full of air to acheive neutral buoyancy.

Can any one please help me with what I am doing wrong? 6lbs seems light at the end of the dive when the AL-80 is empty and 8lbs makes me sink!

sounds like 7 is the perfect number for you----:D

Back
Top Bottom